> 3D ITEM PROFILE
REDUCE SALES REFUNDS
Manufacturers, help your potential customers make the correct choice with accurate product data that's compelling in presentaton too. Have your product manager (or us) use PiCosm to create an accurate detailed permanent easy to share profile and interactive 3D model* of each of your products, whether food, gadgets, airliners - anything. Each item will be referenced by a unique permanent 1 to 12 digit Pi (Presence identifier) and associated URL. For example: picosm.com/913051923497.
To ensure customers, partners or historians can depend upon it for accuracy, login to update or correct an item profile at any time.
THE EFFECTIVE WAY TO PRESENT YOUR PRODUCT
Fig 1 - Viewing a PiCosm powered interactive 3D item profile - Click the image to interact with the model.(The number below the PiCosm logo is the unique Pi for the item shown, in this example, the mobile gaming device. For ease of reading by humans, we encourage the displaying of Pi numbers in groups of two digits.)
LET PiCOSM DO ALL THE WORK
Use the PiCosm APi to embed one or more fields of a profile (weight, ingredients, technical specification etc) in your website - styling it in accordance with your corporate identity. For example, our holding company t-shirt ordering pages: Each t-shirt has it's own unique PiCosm item profile with the PiCosm APi used to embed specific data and 2 or 3D imagery in the web page dedicated to each t-shirt, like this medium black style.
Any changes made by your staff to your PiCosm item profile will be reflected dynamically across your own properties, ensuring your customers always obtain accurate details.
ITEM PROFILE FIELDS
PiCosm gives you full control over the fields to include in each item profile, as shown in the expandable list below. The fields you select will depend on the product category. For example, if you are listing an electronics product, you will probably select Specification, but not Ingredients - the latter suited to a food product.
HOW IT WORKS
+ FULL LIST
- Model name
- Model number
- Product line/Title
- Energy (Usage/Generation)
- Preparation/Quick Guide
- Known side effects
- Sell by date
- Freezer life
- Shelf life
(Availability FROM / TO Dates)
- In the box
- Your internal codename
- Your internal SKU
- Manufacturers warranty
- [X] 3D model
- Preset views
- External link(s)
(Max 5. Example: Official website, User Guide, Toner Cartridge)
- Private notes
(These will not be visible to the public.)
LOOKING UP AN ITEM
- Your company or your legally appointed agent signs up for PiCosm. If your company is composed of several divisions or locations, then it is recommended that each signs up for their own PiCosm account and uses it to manage item profiles associated with that division. Powerful keyword searching helps avoid duplicate entries.
- During the signup process, select the Item Profile option.
- After verifying your account, if not already logged in, create a profile for your first product by selecting ADD > ITEM from the MustDash navigation header.
- Fill in the fields as appropriate.
- Once done, select SAVE.
- For each product, you can choose whether or not a profile is visible to the public by selecting VIEW > ITEMS from the right drop down menu in the MustDash navigation header. A table of items will appear. The little eye icon allows the visibility of that item to be toggled on and off.
- To view a profile as the public will see it in the standard PiCosm format, visit https://picosm.com/x where x is the unique Pi number for that item, or click the Pi in the table view, as per step 6, above.
- To embed item profile data in your own property (such as an ecommerce system) requires an understanding of the PiCosm APi. Please reach out at email@example.com for details. Once you build your own PiCosm powered property such as a product specification table on your corporate website, when any changes are made to the item profile within PiCosm, they will be reflected on your property. The end user will need to perform a page refresh to see any change.
Fig 2 - Displaying a Pi on your products helps customers recommend them to others and is invaluable to support staff, the media and researchers
- Print the Pi for each item on it's packaging and/or if the item is an electronic device, screen print or engrave it on the reverse near the serial number. This will prove invaluable not just for customers wanting to share the product details with others, but for your own service technicians who will be able to lookup the precise SKU. For example, Pi 97 94 32 86 78 22. For ease of reading by humans we encourage separating every two digits of a Pi with a space.
As is standard across PiCosm, your item profiles are permanent, with no renewal or subscription fees required. This ensures your customers, staff, media and researchers will always be able to rely on the PiCosm powered item profiles into the future, even after the product is no longer available.
Customers, journalists, researchers and others desiring accurate details on your item(s) can view a specific item profile directly at its PiCosm URL (such as picosm.com/913051923497
), or by inputting the product's Pi ID at PiCosm.com, as shown below. If they don't know the Pi, a keyword search may be performed to locate the item(s).
Manufacturers? To view a summary table of your item profiles, log into your PiCosm account and select VIEW > ITEMS.
Fig 3 - Inputting a Pi to view an item profile directly
For further details on creating and managing PiCosm item profiles, touch base with our technical business development team.
Standard one off PiCosm joining fee: £4.95
Subsription free Item Profile hosting: £495.95 Inc VAT
For the latest updates, follow PiCosm on Twitter @PiCOSM4D